"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
James 1:2-4

The Gilland Family of 6!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Blessings and Broken Hearts

While I was praying with Mary Mac recently she put blessings and broken hearts together in a beautiful way.
"Thank you God for my Legos. Thank you for my family. Thank you God for my pillow pet. Thank you for my beautiful home. Thank you for baby Jack in my mommy's tummy. Thank you for all the people in our world that you love that are sick or hurt or scared or hungry...be with them God..." 

Then she looked at me and said, "Mommy, that just breaks God's heart… and mine."  

Absolutely precious!

I am so thrilled that 4-year-old Mary Mac understands that all blessings are from God!!!  Like the old hymn says, Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done! 

But Mary Mac did more than just remember her blessings.  She remembered those people that don’t enjoy the blessings that our family has received from God. She connected with the love of God and remembered those things that are breaking His heart.

So what breaks the heart of God?

Some things that come to my mind are...
1.  Our sin
2.  The millions of people in the world that don't know the good news of Jesus
3.  The millions of people that are lonely and hungry, not only for food but for love, security and salvation. 

Dear God,
Thank you for all the blessings in my life.  Instead of asking for more blessings today, I want to bless you by connecting my heart with your heart for hurting people. Precious Father, help me to know how to use my blessings as a blessing to others….

Joyfully,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment