"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
James 1:2-4

The Gilland Family of 6!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Celebrate Life!


A few weekends ago I was honored and blessed by friends and family at a baby shower for our fourth baby, Jack.  Yes…you heard me correctly a shower for a fourth baby!  Every baby is a new life and deserves to be celebrated.  James 1:17 says, “Every good and perfect gift is from above.”  They are all a gift from God.  Each of my children is such a unique blessing.   I’m so thankful God chose me to mother these precious lives.  They are my greatest joy and highest accomplishment and the very ones that keep me running to Jesus!

 


On Saturday, March 19 my dear friends Ann and Joy hosted a beautiful time of celebration and blessing for this new life growing inside of me.  It was the perfect party!  They served delicious food; we played fun games and had a time of laying hands and praying over me and this baby boy!  In addition to precious clothes, blankets, diapers and monogrammed bibs and burp cloths, everyone brought a prayer or blessing for Jack.  That was my favorite part of the day! 

Here is a taste of what was given to us:

“Baby Jack, We are praying Psalm 25:21 over your sweet life, ‘May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you.’”

“We pray for Jack Psalm 15, that he will love Jesus from his youth and that he will be a boy and a man who may abide in the tent of the Lord that he will be in Christ all Psalm 15 describes.”

“Jack…All your days have been ordained by God and His plans and purposes for your life are perfect!  You never have anything to fear Jack…for God will redeem you…He will never leave or forsake you.  The Lord your God will be with you!”

I am so overwhelmed and grateful to have such wonderful friends that love me, love Jesus and celebrate life!

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”  Psalm 139:13-14

Joyfully,
Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! What a precious addition he will be to your family Ashley--love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lifes work.....those soon to be 4 babies! Such a wonderful time! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful party and such dear, sweet friends!! Oh what joy it brings to this mother's heart to see the body of Christ you are a part of! Godly young mothers whose deepest desire is to know HIM better and make HIM known to your families and the whole world!!

    ReplyDelete